A recent report by MSNBC discusses that the FDA is looking into the death of a 14 year old girl who passed away after drinking two cans of the popular Monster Energy drink.
The Monster energy drink is sold to millions of customers annually but the death of a young girl as well as five other potential deaths has news outlets as well as the US Food and Drug Administration looking into potential causes.
The report explained that the Anais Fournier had a preexisting heart condition but it is usually not fatal at such a young age. The autopsy revealed that the teen, from Hagerstown, Maryland, died of cardiac arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity which made it more difficult for her heart to pump blood. The medical examiner also discovered that Anais had a disorder that can weaken blood vessels.
Another issue is that even though the cans claim to have 240 mg of caffeine that the products actually have 20% more than the amount shown. A typical 16 oz cup of coffee contains approximately 100 mg of caffeine.
The energy and caffeine market is a huge market in the United States but with all the risks associated with taking large amounts of caffeine Americans should moderate their consumption and even look for healthier alternatives.
Vitamin b12 is a vitamin that is shown to boost metabolism, improve glucose usage and provide energy. While the vitamin has a few side effects they are usually very mild as well as rare.
US Vitamin Injections provides high quality pharmaceutical products that are approved and prescribed by our on staff physician. Your health and well being is important to us and we want to remind you to be sure you are healthy enough for physical activity and supplementation before starting any fitness or weight loss program.
To see the MSNBC video visit this link- http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/49550491/#49371449
The case was filed in Riverside Superior Court, Case # 1215551